Friday, November 10, 2006

Fwd: An Original Letter from a Trainee to NRN

Disclaimer: Got this email forwarded from someone, we do not know the authenticity of this email. We are not responsible for the content and ready to remove this if an email request is received from the concerned people.


Subject: Fwd: FA letter to NRN from a S/W trainee in Mysore

This is a letter written to N R Narayanmurthy by a S/W trainee who recently joined at Mysore.It is being widely circulated within Infosys intranet.This a 100% authentic letter and may provide an insight into the dream machine called INFOSYS.
Respected Sir,

I want to draw your attention to some of the issues which are against the "INFOSYS" objectives and which are making the environment in company worse and worse every day!!
1) Status of trainee:
Sir, as per my experience the trainee has no value in the company. Senior employees are just treating the trainees like animals. Sir, in "C-LIFE" sessions which held in multiplex HR called the trainee as "mosquito".(The session was supposed to teach values of infy to trainees. Also the respected person was late for the session. So he just leaded by the example!!!)
As examination policy of Infosys is not transparent# and perfect# the students who failed in comprehensive exam went to one of the batch owner asking for revaluation. He insulted them by saying "we have to take care no garbage is sent to production." I am asking are we garbage? Then why Infosys has recruited us? (I have cleared the comprehensive exam but still I am upset because this can happen with me also!!! Also some of us have proved themselves on various situations on national level!! I have AIR gate ranking 123 and was having option of Accenture till 2nd August still I opted for Infosys why???)
# Also E and R department of mysore a\has accepted the fact. Because for IWT module and some module in Finacle stream, trainee in batch has got extra marks .There was ambiguity in question which was pointed by some trainees. If trainees were garbage and reluctant, then it was just as simple to call the exam system perfect. Also trainees don't know which answer is wrong or right or question is wrong or right because there is no transparent scheme. Also our SGT member sent mail to higher authorities but got no answer.
2) Discrimination between Indian and US batch:

Sir please check the status of Indian and other trainees in Mysore campus. I will just condemn the discrimination. Also I don't like the difference in facilities. What we have done wrong??? I will not tell any extra word just check and then justify.
3) Brain Drain:
Sir, please stop brain drain. You are recruiting the talented people for just software clerking which is creating brain drain and dissatisfaction in employees. When I was giving interview I was told that at Infosys I will get lots of things to learn. But here to my disappointment I got just too many thing to mug up and too less things to learn. Infosys is just playing with the employee brains and emotions please stop this.
4)Attrition rate:
Sir, in some colleges the HR told the trainees that the attrition rate is very low. Say
Only 1 or 2 trainees will loose their job. In same year after recruitment the company changed the policy.This is real cheating. And trainees had no option than to sign new policy. Because in colleges they were not allowed to sit for second company. If HR tells policy of company at recruitment and relying on that if any trainee sits for company how much is it legal and moral to cheat the trainee by changing the company policy???(I know that company can make it legal but never moral!!! Trusting that company will be truthful to us many of our trainees sacrificed other job offered to them.)
There are unsaid issues which are not brought to your notice. We are unaware whether things are happening with or without your notice. Sir, in any case I can tell that other companies are better in a way that they do not pretend to follow values. I tell you to remove "Driven by values" from Infosys logo. Because her values changes from policy to policy, is your driven by values only to the customers and clients .if you can maintain a strong policy towards the clients and customers with values why not to the employees who make Infosys to grow better and better day by day.
Sir, I want to be honest to you that before joining the Infosys I was proud to say that I am going to be an Infoscion. But now I am feeling ashamed of myself being in company and also not interested in propaganding false promises to the college in future and to the public . Sir, I hope I could regain some self respect, if you can do something to these issues.
If you are not doing anything to the issues, I am giving resignation notice to company that I want to discontinue employment with company from july17, 2007 as I will complete 12 months in company at that day and also will be morally and legally free from any company bonds!!! (Even if Infosys is not behaving in moral ways I respect the moral and legal bond. That's why I am giving 9 months prior notice.)
I feel its my responsibility to bring this issues to your kind attention as I am honest to the Job I work for.
Expecting for kind cooperation and attention from your side.



With regards thanking you,
J.
Emp No. 67***
Infosys Technologies Limited.
Mysore
(Updated 29-Aug-07: Name and Employee number removed as per the request from an ex-infoscion)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jayadeep,

Understanding your frustrations, Do resign your job in infy and join in TVS..If you dunno about TVS, jus check with any of your mallu frend

CalvinKailasam said...

I have been in production for almost a year now. I do understand the frustrations you are going through. But my friend you need to understand one thing.You really cant point a finger at the Attrition rate among trainees. If you are not good you are out. As simple as that. May be the fact that transperancy is lacking is irritating.
But i have seen CS graduates coming out of training who are not even half as good. I am also mediocre. Its just that I cleared everything in one go.